Worm.Win32.Protector.a Removal Instruction
|Infected OS:||Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista|
|Risk Level:||high level|
Similar Threats: AdWare.Generic.BVJ ; Win32.Delf.LDR.Trj ; Win32.Delf.MED ;
Worm.Win32.Protector.a is one of the Windows illegal malicious programs which may occupy system resources and slow down computers. Some of such malicious programs may frequently pop up advertising messages to interrupt computer users, while more severely they may destroy the data in computers. The followings are instructions on how to manually remove malicious spyware programs.
How to Remove Worm.Win32.Protector.a Manually?
1. Remove the registry entries hidden by Worm.Win32.Protector.a
If you notice that the programs on your computer are running abnormally, please check the following entries in the Registry, and directly delete the spyware-related registry entries if found.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \RunServicesOnce
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft \Windows\ CurrentVersion
Explorer/ShellFolders Startup="C:\windows/start menu/programs\startup
2. It is possibly a way to load the "Worm.Win32.Protector.a" malicious programs, by hiding within the system WIN.INI file and the strings "run=" and "load=", so this must be carefully checked.
3. Clean up “IE Temporary File folder” where the original carrier of spyware threats is likely stored.
How to Remove Worm.Win32.Protector.a Instantly?
- First you need to download and install SpyDig.
- Run SpyDig and scan your system.
- If the threat "Worm.Win32.Protector.a" is detected, click "Remove" to delete this malicious item.
- If the malicious program has not been completely removed, please process the threat removal in Safe Mode.
If the threat cannot be removed by the method above, please run the Analysis function of SpyDig and send us the Analysis Report. Our technicians of SpyDig Security Center will analyze your analysis report and provide you with a proper solution.